Welcome to Alabama Istanbul Center
Alabama Istanbul Center is a not-for-profit foundation established in 2006 to promote a better understanding and closer relations between individuals and communities, building bridges between the Turkish, American and other communities in the state of Alabama.
As part of our Mission Statement, we seek above all to proactively contribute to solving educational, cultural, environmental, social and humanitarian issues. We work towards contributing to world peace by showcasing the Turkish historical experience of the “Art of Living Together” via respect, acceptance, dialogue, love, richness of faith and culture.
Alabama Istanbul Center serves in Auburn, Birmingham, Mobile, Tuscaloosa, Montgomery and Huntsville. Our major activities include Dialogue Dinners, Dialogue Trips to Turkey, Essay Contests, and Whirling Dervishes of Rumi.
We want to live in a peaceful world where non-violence, respect, understanding, friendship, cooperation and love prevail.
Our Mission Statement
We achieve our vision through:
- Proactively contributing to solving educational, cultural, environmental, social and humanitarian issues
- Contributing to world peace by showcasing the Turkish experience of the “Art of Living Together” via respect, acceptance, dialogue, love, richness of faith and culture over centuries of time;
- Becoming the premiere representative organization of the Turkish culture by disseminating knowledge of the language, history, culture, education and social life of Turkiye in the state of Alabama;
- Creating opportunities for dialogue between communities and individuals to build bridges between cultures; and
- Providing assistance to Turkish people in order to help them integrate into the local society.